[lldp-devel] Question about CDCP (802.1Qbg)

John Fastabend john.fastabend at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 18:34:49 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 04:57 PM, 劉俊明 wrote:
> Dear All:
> Does lldpad support Channel Discovery and Configuration Protocol (CDCP)
> defined in 802.1Qbg?

No, there is no support for it now.

> There was a patch that released the initial version of CDCP module on
> Nov 2, 2011.  But I cannot find anything similar with CDCP in current
> release source code.
> Could someone kindly tell me what's happened?
> Is it obsolete? Or just under development?

iirc there were a few issues with that patch that needed to be resolved.
I'm not sure if Thomas plans to resurrect this patch at some point or
not.

I wouldn't mind seeing the patch completed at some point but I don't
have time to do it at the moment.

.John

--
John Fastabend         Intel Corporation