[lldp-devel] Question about lldpad and CDP

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.de
Tue Nov 19 07:12:39 UTC 2013

On 11/18/2013 06:23 PM, Sandeep Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does lldpad support Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)?.
>
> I tried lldpd and the lldpctl and that does support CDP as it is an
> option for the demon startup.
>
> I would appreciate feedback in this regard.

No, it doesn't.

LLDP is providing the same information than CDP does, but in a
standards-conformant manner.
CDP is pretty much a Cisco specific implementation, and I'd be very
much surprised if it were implemented eg. on a Brocade switch.

You should be able to achieve the same with using LLDP.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
hare at suse.de			      +49 911 74053 688