[lldp-devel] Question on current lldpad Draft and OVS

Thomas-Mich Richter tmricht at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Mar 18 07:36:31 UTC 2013

On 03/15/2013 07:11 PM, Paddu Krishnan (padkrish) wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Thomas.
> No specific dates for this as such, but I need a readily available VDP
> implementation on the host in order for me to proceed with other tasks.
>
> I was earlier giving a buffer of couple of weeks for the integration,
> assuming I will hit some inter-operability issues. Well, that was assuming
> latest implementation on both ends.
>
> I can probably implement the other filters that I need. Are there lots of
> changes in the baseline ECP/VDP implementation or is it only more add-ons?
>
> Just curious, is the MAC-Vid filter not in the current implementation? I
> thought it was.

For the draft 0.2 implementation of the IEEE 802.1 Qbg standard, the
MAC-VID filter is the only one implemented so far. Also only the station
side is implemented.

For the Draft 2.2 implementation, I just started with vdp protocol.
Right now nothing usable has been implemented, just the raw module
skeleton. I reckon this will take about 6-8 week to get it done.
The other protocols (EVB and ECP) are done for draft 2.2.

Regards Thomas