[lldp-devel] Question on current lldpad Draft and OVS

Paddu Krishnan (padkrish) padkrish at cisco.com
Thu Mar 14 18:26:30 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am a lldpad newbie trying to run LLDP/EVB at the host side and integrate with the network (bridges running LLDP/EVB). I had some basic questions regarding this:

1) I saw from the website that the EVB implementation follows the D0 standard. The current implementation seems to be D2.2, is there already any work in progress to support the latest Draft? Atleast from VDP perspective, there are more filters added. The current implementation seems to have the MAC-VID filter.

2) Was there any effort to integrate lldpad with OVS? I would guess it's possible to install each independently and can be made to work. But, i was wondering is there a single distribution that integrates both? Simple use case would be to when creating a virtual interface in OVS should trigger lldpad to announce its VDP capabilities to the upstream switch.

Thanks,

KP