[lldp-devel] VDP22 protocol support in lldpad

Thomas-Mich Richter tmricht at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 12 11:43:00 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 07:16 PM, Paddu Krishnan (padkrish) wrote:
> Thanks for the status Thomas.
> Sure, I can start working on the VDP station side. If there are any inputs
> that will help me get jump-started, it will be very useful.
>
> Currently, I have some bandwidth to work on this apart from my regular
> work. If there's any change of priorities, I shall certainly let you know
> :)
>
> Thanks,
> Paddu

Here is some more info Paddu, sorry for the delay.

As said before, I use 2 VM for testing. On VM named f18a runs a simulation
program named qbg22sim. It is in the git repository, together with its man
page.
On the other VM named f18b, runs lldpad and vdptest. vdptest sends a VSI
created command via netlink to lldpad. lldpad then sends this commands
to the switch. Right now lldpad stops at function vdp22_request. That is the
end of my work right now. We have to start from here for station support.

Bridge support on the other hand is independent user input to create/delete
VSI profiles, but requires a working counterpart. I wanted to use lldpad
for this.
I can send you an input file for the qbg22sim to establish evb parameters
and an lldpad configuration file to request reflectivce-relay.

May I ask what are your plans with IEEE802.1 Qbg protocol?

Thanks.
--
Thomas Richter, Dept 3250, IBM LTC Boeblingen, Data Center Networking